The NPC Sponge Coring service utilizes coring equipment and specialized techniques to preside an exceptionally high-quality core. This core yields petrophysical data of an accuracy net available from other formation evaluation techniques.
Sponge Core samples provide a measure of:
- Oil Saturation
- Water Saturation
- Relative Permeability
- Capillary pressure
- Identification of secondary and tertiary recovery
- Oil/water contact sand transition zones.
- Depleted zones within a given formation.
- The foot-by-foot analysis permits the identification of thin zones heterogeneity.
- Oil wet sponge liner absorbs oil produced by core enabling identification of mobile oil zones.
- If a trace is used, it measures the number of fluids flushed during the coring by drilling mud.